When it concerns OS updates, we here at Macworld motivate users to install them as quickly as possible. Updates often have good brand-new functions, however it’s the bug repairs and security updates that are the most crucial.
However lots of think there’s an excellent argument for waiting, and with iOS 16.4, iPadOS 16.4, and macOS 13.3, Apple showed that argument. Those updates presented a variety of bugs that have actually triggered issues, none of which are small. They all have bugs that can seriously interrupt your capability to utilize your gadgets.
Apple is obviously familiar with the issues and MacRumors reports that iOS 16.4.1 remains in advancement to deal with the iPhone bugs. Confirmation of a macOS Ventura 13.3.1 upgrade has actually not been made, however we presume it remains in the works too. In the meantime, these are a few of the extensively reported bugs discovered with iOS 16.4 and macOS Ventura 13.3 that a point release will ideally repair– and if you have not upgraded, you ought to most likely hold back.
iOS 16.4 and iPadOS 16.4 recognized concerns
- Weather condition app: The Weather condition app that a number of us pertain to trust to set the tone for the day has issues showing the projection Previously today, the Weather condition app had a total information failure, and while service is brought back (according to Apple’s System Status site), the app still acts wonky.
- Battery drain: There constantly appears to be a singing variety of users who experience reduced battery life when an upgrade is launched. However the variety of anecdotal accounts, such as those on Apple’s Assistance Neighborhood, appears to be more regular with iOS 16.4. YouTuber iAppleBytes has a video presentation of a Geekbench battery test with iOS 16.4 that supports the reduced battery life claim.
- House app: The House app, utilized to manage wise house gadgets, got an upgrade to its architecture, however Apple stumbled throughout its rollout. It was at first provided in iOS 16.2 however it was drew back and after that launched with iOS 16.4 Now, there are a variety of problems about the remodelled app, reports iMore
macOS Ventura 13.3 recognized concerns
- Universal Control and Handoff: These functions, which count on iCloud connection, have actually quit working for some users after setting up 13.3. The workaround includes logging off of iCloud and after that logging back on, however that can trigger an entire lot of headaches, particularly if you utilize iCloud to sync your Image library.
- House directory site: macOS 13.3 presents an issue with user House directory sites conserved to external drives. A workaround to this issue includes shutting off System Stability Security, however that’s not perfect. An e-mail from Macworld reader Andy in the U.K. proposes that there are more issues than fulfill the eye with iCloud and SIP, and I tend to concur.
- Peek: Though I have actually not had this issue, lots of users on Apple’s Assistance Neighborhood can’t get Peek to operate in macOS 13.3. As somebody who utilizes Peek all the time, this bug would drive me insane.